Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

a walk in the clouds

I am reminded of A Walk in the Clouds, a fresh grad’s personal account of his search for a job after a fulfilling college year. No, it’s not that I have just graduated. It is probably because I share the same conviction that I must start finding a niche for myself now. I am not getting any younger and while most of my classmates are already secured in their careers, I am yet to find my rock, to secure a life time career and start shaping my future.

All right, I had my life two years back. I had what I thought I needed. I’ve been to the places I have longed to visit since grade school. I had several trips on a plane over a month and had made good friendship with a flight stewardess who must have recognized me for frequently flying with them. I splurged. I indulged in food and fancies. I shared blessings with my family and they were happy.

The best thing then was my first trip abroad. All on my own to a strange land, braced with courage and trust. Praying that my foreign friend would not deceive me. Otherwise, I would have run to the nearest police station and ring up my grandma to save me. Or the Philippine embassy to avail of some rights for national protection. Anyway, to make the story short, everything turned out well. I had so much fun. I enjoyed the people and the place. And I look forward to going back there sometime when I have enough resources to support myself there.

Right now, I am just starting. Or have I started this new lease on life yet? You see, I have just tried out for a job post. My evaluation turned out quite well, so I am practically working now. My career is not yet as vivid as it should be; so I am keeping my fingers clasped in prayers.

No comments: