Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

in search of lavlav


I was at Crash Landing Resort the other week. It was good. The swimming pool was inviting and the man-made falls on the side of it seem really relaxing, I thought I should have been ready for a dive at the pool. The tents were nestled between pruned mango trees and you guessed it right, it must have been a good place for a respite. On the sides were the cottages and the tree houses for those who intend to stay overnight. In general, the resort was a good place to visit and relax.

But what caught me in awe were the birds and the dogs kept there. Each one in its own cage. The birds were damn noisy and unstoppable. Their's were the loud sounds I could only hear from trained talking manias. And the dogs - they were head-turners - bulky, enormous ones that I don't get to see often. I wanted to get near each cages so I could get a closer look at each breed. But I did not had the courage. Large dogs could be really ferocious.

One thing more, I was reminded of Lavlav. Seeing them reminds me of her, the Samoyed dog we once had. She was fascinating. Cute and cuddly, gentle and fun - that's Lavlav. And I just miss her now.

Lavlav is long gone. She was with us for a couple of years - that was when we were still in our old house. I remember, Mom brought her home one evening as a present for us. We fed her and watched her grow. She was such a gentle companion.

I could not get our Samoyed dog back because she is already gone. My resolution right now is to get a new breed I can take care of myself and watch it grow. That said, I have even started scouting for dogs among pet shops all over.

5 comments:

Wilfred Lopez said...

I am amazed by those person who have much sympathy and care for animals. Those who think and value the importance of the creations of God. I suggest to search for low maintanance breed if you want. Animals have feelings too, they reciprocate the love that you have tendered unto them by kindness, sweetness and loyalty, compared to human's isn't it?

Chow.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and ty for you kind words. God Bless You.

CoryTraumaRN said...

Thanks for reading my blog and of course you can add it. I am going to read over yours as well! Thanks for the comments!

mademoiselle_lj said...

i dealy love dogs! i have 8 dogs!!!

Rea May said...

I now have a puppy, it's a Shepherd-Labrador mixed breed and I just love it. I am going to post an entry about this pup whom I named Kiddo, so just watch out. Right now, I am still busy researching for a book I am going to write.