Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

an open letter

An open letter:

I wanted to tell you I thank you for giving me a chance to iron things between us the other night. Really, the last two days were so hard for me. I could not sleep knowing that you felt bad at me. So I went to your house to show you that I intend to make peace with you. But alas, when I went there and waited for you, it was as if I was not there at all. For no one ever talked to me. I felt a total stranger...

When you arrived from your escapades, you did not even seemed to notice that I was there in front of the boob tube, sitting and waiting you'd bother to even just look at me and say hi. But you did not. Instead, you just laughed with your kins and talked like I never existed.

Nine o'clock and you locked your self in your own room. I was left there on the couch. And for almost half an hour, I persuaded Ate Del to let me go to your niche and talk to you. Thank heavens, I realized I only needed to approach you in private so we could be friends again. Really, it is heart-wrenching when I am not in good terms with persons I hold close to my heart.

We got well (again). We started to talk and it's nice. It feels good. I was so happy. The next day came and I guess it was a good start. We were back to our old selves, texting each other the usual hi and hellos.

Not until last last night, when another fight ensued. The reason: I opened and tell you how i really felt when you shouted "unsa man?" I had no idea it would get this far, when the reality is that it should have even made you feel better. Maybe you are really torli and that really don't understand because you are so closed to your own self.

This is it: I am not gonna let this pass. And never will I let this happen again. I did all that I can to understand you. I did my best to save this friendship. But you seem not to learn a thing at all -when you are even supposed to be more mature than me (because you are way older than I)...I am just disappointed everything has to end this way.

1 comment:

Wilfred Lopez said...

How sad Rhea. We just can't please anybody. Even on your part you have done the best that you could to treasure and keep your friendship, but the questions, is your friend is doing the same?