Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

..unknown

Theophany - I first heard it from him almost three years back. It all happened when he had sharing with his closest friends. Open and sincere that he has always been, he shared his deepest and ultimate wish –that which can only be materialized when the inevitable moment of saying adieu comes.

I don’t know why he said all of those. What prompted him to, whatever moved him to do make such heart-wrenching notes.

He hit the soft spot in most of his audience –our common friends have told me. He got them crying. I don’t understand why.

Not until he showed me his hand-written copy of that Theophany. What he wants to happen on his last day as a transient in this world.

I also cried. I was moved. It had his entire ultimate wish, beautiful. Very meaningful. In fact, it often comes back to my thoughts. Such an impact of a simple desire: a peaceful and love-filled day; a day of laughter and giggles shared by family and friends.

But what do I really remember in that Theophany? Why am I so affected?

All right, his theophany it is nothing more than the re-affirmation of my role. Particularly to him. No, don’t think that it is ‘us’. We are nothing more than best friends who share every thing under the sun, secrets and all. His last desire, however, puzzles our common friends and high school classmates.

On his last day, he would like me to be just there beside him, saying “to fill the vacuum that is usually there when I am not around”. That flatters. Never did I think he would want me on such a melancholic hour. Never did I think he would regard me as special as that…all right, I will do him the honor. I will make him happy. I will be there till his last breath. That’s a promise I made and am going to make. ☻


No comments: