Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Laminin –in between weeks and on Fridays

"He is before all things, and in Him, all things hold together." -- Colossians 1:17

Fridays are relatively historic. The Friday two weeks past was the day I first encountered laminin. It was on a film viewing stint courtesy of the company’s admin. At first, laminin was either a jargon or nothing more than an expression of some sort. Later did I know what it really is: a glycoprotein that organizes and holds together every cell in your body. It is the core of any living and breathing individual, in an unordinary shape you might not even thought of. Notice the illustration of the laminin:

See the shape of the laminin? It is the shape of the cross Someone up there once took for us so we could be redeemed. It is the same cross that reminds us constantly of a marvelous love God have for each of us.

That Friday when I heard and learned of it, I was moved. Laminin also reminds me of something: my family, my friends, my attachments (though they are petty and superficial things). Laminin reminded me of my relationships –whether with my family or friends. And that workweek-ender happened to be the Friday I was caught in a rift with my first friend here in Davao.

The good thing however, is that the idea of laminin taught me to strip off discouragements and disappointments I was lugging around.

Came the next Friday after that laminin encounter. This time, it’s a Friday birthday –said Shaun. The 5AM mass I heard was a good start of another year. With me were two of the persons I consider my family (apart from my friend, whom I had a rift the previous week). We had a real good breakfast: chocolates and puto maya which I never got to taste in my hometown. A good lunch at the old house followed suit. I was on a brown halter blouse which I have reserved for my birthday (I felt good with it).

Those are the Fridays I had: the Friday encounter with laminin, and the Friday when I had my birthday.

This week’s Friday –which is tomorrow-, is something different. It is a Friday I dread, but nevertheless, I intend to face it. Though filled with fear and unlikely thoughts, I resolve to confront the reality and whatever that may come…

Laminin – I know these are all inside me. And with it, I hold firm to my faith that I am going to be strong. Because the One who died on the cross that takes the shape of the Laminin is the Great One who will be my strength.

No comments: